As also was mentioned on a Post on ‘breathing Through Nose Only’, at the back our throat we have mass of tissues (Two in Number) which act as filters and prevent germs from entering our Respiratory Tract. Actually Tonsils can produce all major Antibodies (Immunoglobin) including Polio-Virus. But prolonged Viral-Bacterial infections leads to its severe inflammation (A Condition called Tonsillitis). The inflamed swelling may sometimes be large enough to even block the airways.
Causes could be Bad Eating Habits-Lifestyle, Cold-Refrigerated-Stale foods, excess salt-sour-spices, coupled by various ‘Prolonged Viral-Bacterial Infections’.
Ayurvedically, inflamed tonsillitis (with Pus cells-Pain-Swelling) involves vitiation of all Doshas (Vata-Pitta-Kapha).
Symptoms ‘Inflammation-Swelling of Tonsils’, ‘Pain-Redness of Tonsils’, ‘Difficulty Swallowing’, ‘Pus Cells-Blisters-Ulcers on Throat’, ‘Ear-Headache’, ‘Difficulty in Breathing’, ‘Frequent Fevers-Chills’…
Please Follow Under-Mentioned Link for Consolidated List of Lifestyle-Eating Habits, That Must Be ‘Strictly Adhered to’ or ‘As Strictly Followed as Possible’:
Few Effective Treatments for Tonsillitis:
- Put 2-3 drops of ‘Desi Cow Ghee’(or Panch Gavya Ghrit as an alternative) in each of your nostril before going to sleep. Sniff a little. The procedure remains same, put the spoon onto the fire, put out the fire, pour the ghee on the hot spoon, the ghee melts, use dropper to put the ghee in nostrils. Ghee should not be heated directly. The more old the Desi Cow Ghee is, the better. Also, very beneficial in Thrombosis, Insomnia, Sinus, Snoring (I have benefited),
- Take Turmeric (Powdered, Yellow coloured) ¼ spoon, mix it in a glass of milk, boil it, add natural sugar (Brown Sugar), as required, add 1.5 teaspoons of Pure Desi Cow Ghee, and drink like tea. Turmeric is to be boiled along with the milk, and we never heat Honey. Take it before going to sleep. Liberally sprinkle Black pepper,
- Gargles with Alum or warm Saline Water (Rock salt only),
- “Multani Kuka Tablets”, 2 Tablets Twice or Thrice a day,
- ‘Amla Churna’ with Honey at least twice a day,
- Use Tulsi Leaves – Raw in all your meals, till he is fully cured, thereafter, as per prudence,
- Add 1/3 a lemon juice and 2 spoons of honey, mix the two well, and take small quantity at a time. This medicine has to be prepared afresh every time and may be had 2-3 times a day,
- This is also very beneficial in case of tonsillitis, which if acute, turmeric can simply be poured directly (1/4thtea spoon) at the base of the mouth, saliva doing the dissolving part. Water may be given only after an hour,
- Take 20 grams Maithe Daana (Fenugreek Seeds) Powder, add it to a glass of water, boil it till the time the water becomes 1/4th(Decoction), add 2-3 spoons of honey and drink. A good alkaliser, and the microbes will die,
- Use Carom Seeds and Cumin Seeds in your Early Dinner (V-P+K-),
- Massage the throat region with ‘Mustard Oil + Rock Salt’, to be done before going to sleep. Cover up the neck region and the body. Sweat all along the night.
Other Ayurvedic-Unconventional-Natural Remedies could be (No Yuck Factor!):
- Colloidal Silver, Copper & Gold,
- 3-5% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide,
- Food Grade Baking Soda,
- Honey with Various Herbs,
- Organic Wheat Grain Sprouts,
- Melted A2 Ghee added to Nostrils and/or A2 Ghee added to Cooked Pulses/Vegetables and/or A2 Ghee added to A2 Milk Boiled with Pinches of Turmeric…and so on…
Favourable Herbs: Sitopaladi Churna, Licorice, Honey, Swarna Malini Vasant Ras; Favourable:Pineapple, Black Mulberry (काले शहतूत), Thinned Daliya, Wheat, Pulses or Vegetable Soup, Green Vegetables (cooked in mustard oil or Pure Desi Ghee only, but not together), Rock Salt (Sendha Namak), Dates, Easily Digestible food, Lukewarm Water, Desi Ghee Wheat Flour Halwa, Fennel Seeds, Barley Water, Bitter Gourd, .
Unfavourable: Sweet Or Sour Food, Milk (Milk is Kapha Producing, especially full cream, so for medicinal purposes, best is to go in for double toned milk, assuming that Desi Cow’s milk is not available), oily or roasted stuff, Refrigerated Stuff, Curd, Banana, Rice, Potato etc. (i.e. The things which are rich in carbohydrates and thus are Kapha producing)
N.B.: Just remember one thing, whenever you have to take 2 or more than 2 Ayurvedic medicines, just keep a gap of 40 minutes, between the two.
All this accompanied by at least Bhastrika (10 Minutes), Anulom Velom (30 minutes), and 15 minutes of Kapal Bhati in the Morning and Evening. Please do not overstrain your body muscles. Ujjayi Pranayama is also Beneficial.
Useful Yogasanas are Naukasana (Concentration on Throat) and Singhasana (Concentration on Heart).
Anyway, In all cases, I would advise all to get your copy of my e-book, A Perfect Lifestyle and Eating Habits, from my E-Book Page (Click Here). This will provide all the applicable theory behind the precautions (or visit: http://stayhealthytill70.com.cp-in-12.bigrockservers.com/category/lifestyleandeatinghabits/).
Say Yuck! If you have to, but very effective:
- Take 30-45 mL of Gaudhan Ark (Purified-Distilled Pure Desi Cow’s Urine – The A-2 Type), added to appropriate amount of water to make it comfortable to drink, and drink it prior going to sleep and in the morning, empty stomach,
- Gaudhan Ark + Water + Rock salt: Use it for Gargles 3-4 times a day,
- For dry-hollow cough, add 1/5th (or lesser) tea spoon of turmeric powder to 20-30-60 mL of Gaudhan Ark, with appropriate amount of warm water added, and consume it before going to sleep. This is beneficial for the kids also.
Do visit Our Health Kit, to get to see ‘Contents of An Ideal First Aid Kit’ & ‘Few things-Supplements’ We Must Consume on Daily Basis’.
Legal disclaimer: The information in this article is not a Medico-Legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Although I do my best to give you accurate and useful information, you should consult an appropriate Medical Professional before Trying out any of the above Information.