What Magnesium Does? The earth Metal is Essential to All Living Cells. Most (+50% of App. 25 Grams in Human Body) is found in The Human Skeletal System. It performs many useful functions in the body:
- Every Organ in The Body (Esp. Heart, Muscles, Kidneys…) need Magnesium for its Proper Function,
- Structural make-Up of Teeth and Bones,
- Activates Enzymatic Actions in The Body,
- Aids Energy Production in The Body (Thus aids carbohydrates & Fat metabolism in The Body),
- Helps in Regulating Levels of Calcium, Copper, Zinc, Potassium, Vitamin-D along with many Other Nutrients in The Body,
- Regulates Electrolyte Balance in The Body,
- Optimum Protein Synthesis in the Human Body.
Reasons for Shortage of Magnesium: Un-Balanced Diet; Chronic Abdominal Ailments (IBS, Ulcerative Colitis, Diabetes, Pancreatitis, Kidney Ailments); Hyperthyroidism; Side-Effects of Modern-Technologically Advanced Medicines! Excess Tea-Coffee-Smoking-Alcohol; Excess Consumption of Sodium; Menorrhagia; Excess Sweating; Chronic Stress.
Magnesium Deficiency may lead to (Symptoms):
- Psychometric Issues (Agitation, Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia, Irritability, Confusion, Seizures…),
- Restless Leg Syndrome,
- Abnormal Heart Rhythm (Delicate ratio of Magnesium & Calcium is Required for Proper Heart function),
- High-Low Blood Pressure,
- Poor Nail Growth,
- Fibromyalgia (Diet consisting of Magnesium + Calcium & Maleic Acid),
- Poor Bone Health (Osteoporosis),
- Infertility – Miscarriage…
Rich Source of Magnesium:
Plant Sources: Whole Grains, Whole Wheat Flour, Oat Flour (Oatmeal), Legumes, Green Leafy Vegetables (Spinach…Due presence of Chlorophyll which consists of Magnesium as a Central Atom), Beet Greens, Blackstrap Molasses, Pumpkin, Baked Potato (With Skin), Cauliflower, Corn, Black sesame Seeds Oil, Blackstrap Molasses.
Fruit Sources: Bananas, Nuts (Brazil Nuts, Almonds, Cashews, Pine Nuts, Black Walnuts, Peanuts, Pistachio), Dates (or Dried Dates),
Herbs (Aushadhies) Sources: Coriander, Carom Seeds (Ajwain), Holy Basil, Dries Mustard, Sage, Fennel Seeds (सौंफ), Cumin Seeds, Poppy Seeds, Chillies.
Daily Recommended Values:
Adults: 300 – 500 mg/Day.
Excess Magnesium has its own Problems:
- Nausea-Vomiting-Upset Stomach & Diarrhoea,
- Severely Lowered Blood Pressure,
- Heart Ailments (Slow Rate, Arrhythmias, Cardiac Arrest),
- Respiratory Paralysis – Coma,
- Deficiency of Other Minerals,