Gunas of Sitopaladi Churna:
Again a very beneficial Ayurvedic formulation. It Pacifies Pitta & Kapha, doesn’t vitiate Vata and actually has balancing effect on all three Doshas. Many a times it is given a name “Major Anti-Kapha Formula”. It is Sweet and Pungent in Taste. Virya is Heating & Vipaka is Sweet. It is ‘Light’ & ‘Unctuous’.
Ingredients: Rock Candy (Also called Sitopala-50 %++), Vamshalochana (Bambusa Arundenacea), Long Pepper (Pippali), Green Cardamom & Cinnamon.
Indications: It has positive effect on Plasma and Blood Tissues. It is an Anti-Inflammatory, Anti-Microbial & Immune-Metabolic System Booster (Anti-Bacterial-Anti-Viral [TB-Typhoid-Malaria…], Chronic Fevers, TB, Debility after Chronic Ailments-Fatigue, Immunomodulatory) & is highly beneficial (especially Pitta-Kapha Vitiated Cases) in Digestive System (Anorexia, Acidity, Antiulcerogenic, Digestive Stimulant, Carminative, Peptic-Ulcer, Duodenal Ulcer), Respiratory System (Cough & Cold-Antitussive, Bronchodilator, Demulcent, Pharyngeal-Chest Congestion, Rhinitis-Nasal Mucous Inflammation, Chronic Tonsillitis-Mostly Bacterial Infection, Asthma), Circulatory System-Skin Health-Neural Disorders (Burning Sensations on Skin-Palm-Feet-Other Extremities, Loss of Sensation on Tongue)…
How may we consume Sitopaladi Churna-सितोपलादि चूर्ण (VPK=)-Dosage:
- Powder-Churna (With Honey, A2-Ghee, A2-Milk[Before Sleep], as the case may be),
- Tablet-500 mg with warm water, twice daily as per severity of ailment,
Few Medicinal benefits of Sitopaladi Churna-सितोपलादि चूर्ण (VPK=):
- Immune-Metabolic System Booster:
- Debility: ½ Tsp. each of Sitopaladi & Liquorice Powder with ½-1 glass of hot A2 milk before going to sleep,
- Chronic Low-Grade Fevers: 1/2-1 Tsp. Sitopaladi Churna with Pinches of Coral Calcium (Prawal Pishti) & Yashad Bhasma, and 1-3 Tsp. of Honey,
- Digestive Disorders:
- Acidity-Gastritis-Peptic-Other Ulcers: ½ Tsp each of Sitopaladi & Liquorice Powder and 1-2 Pinches of Coral Calcium with a glass of warm water Once-Twice a Day,
- Respiratory System Disorders:
- Vata Vitiated-Dry Cough: Aggravates at Night, No or Minimal Mucous but if present is of Grey-Black colour. Remedy would be ½ Tsp. Sitopaladi Churna, ½ Tsp. Ghee & 1 Tsp. Honey Twice-Thrice a day,
- Pitta Vitiated Cough: Yellow or Green moderate mucous formation. ½-1 Tsp. Sitopaladi Churna with a Tsp or Two of A2 (Melted on Hot Spoon) Ghee,
- Kapha Vitiated Cough: High Mucous formation with white-sticky mucous, wheezing sound while coughing. ½-1 Tsp. Sitopaladi Churna with 2-3 Tsp. of Honey. May also follow it up with a cup of warm-hot Holy Basil water,
- Asthma: Sitopaladi Churna with Pushkarmool, Carom Seeds (Ajwain) & Honey,
- Neural Disorders:
- Cough due Injury: A Tsp. of Sitopaladi Churna with Pinches of Coral Calcium (Prawal Pishti) & Ghee & Honey taken in ratio of 3:1 (with A2 Ghee being 3 parts),
- It is supposedly safe for Pregnant & Lactating Ladies provided taken in sensible amounts and under supervision.
Contra-Indications: No Known Side-effects, even on long term usage. Sugar patients may avoid or take in minimal quantities [High amount of Rock Candy]. May mildly Vitiate Pitta in high doses. Abnormally excess consumption of literally anything would have its own side-effects.
Legal Disclaimer: The information in this article is not a Medico-Legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Although I do my best to give you accurate and useful information, you should consult an appropriate Medical Professional before Trying out any of the above Information.