Arjuna Bark-अर्जुन की छाल-Terminalia Arjuna (VPK= V+ in Excess):
This also is one of the Divine Herb and is mentioned in Rigveda. It is of Two Varieties: White and black. It is Bitter, Sweet and Astringent in Taste. It is Dry and Light. ‘Virya’ is ‘Cooling’, and ‘Vipaka’ is ‘Pungent’. Though it Pacifies all Doshas, The Soothing effect is more Prominent on Pitta & Kapha.
Bio-Chemically: It consists of Highly Useful Bio-Organic Compounds such as Triterpene Glycosides, Arjunglucosisdes, Arjunetoside, “Organic acids such as Oleanolic, Arjunolic, Stearate & Arjunic Acids, Cardenolide…” It consists of various Metabolic Stimulants such as Superoxide Dismutase, Catalase, Glutathione, Alpha-Tocopherol and Ascorbic Acid. It adds the level of Co-enzyme Q-10 in the body. It is a good source of various Minerals such as Calcium, Copper, Magnesium and Zinc (Especially Bark) and Flavonoids. The Extract have shown Blood Thinning-Anti-Platelet activity (which then is the reason for it to be good Cardiac Tonic).
Medicinally: It is an Immune-Metabolic Booster (Clears AMA, Prevents excess Bleeding from Wounds, Oedema, Alleviates Thirst-fatigue etc., Anti-Tumourous-Anti-Cancerous), Anti-Microbial (Anti-Bacterial, Anti-Fungal), and is great for Digestive System (Diarrhoea-Simply Take Decoction Twice a Day, Ulcers…), Circulatory System (Cardiac Ailments, Heals Arteriosclerosis-Clears Blockages, Angina, Reduces Bad Blood Cholesterol, Regulates Blood Pressure-Heart Beat, Blood Disorders such as Nose Bleeding-Blood with Faeces etc.) , Respiratory System (Removes Phlegm, Cough, Bronchitis, Asthma, Haemoptysis), Skin Health (Leucoderma, Enhances Skin Complexion), Bone Health (Helps Heal Broken/Fractured Parts, Circulatory-Neural Disorders (Brain Ischemia-Obstructed Blood Flow to Brain), Excretory & Reproductory Systems (UTI’s, Expels Kidney-Gall Bladder Stones, Liver-Kidneys Stimulant, Difficult Urination, Liver-Kidney Stimulant, STD’s)…
Along with numerous Ayurvedic Scriptures, The Medicinal Benefits of Arjuna Bark-अर्जुन की छाल–Terminalia Arjuna are also based on Modern Laboratory Test Reports, Human Studies and more…
How may we consume Arjuna Bark-अर्जुन की छाल–Terminalia Arjuna?
- Decoction (With ½-1 Tsp of Arjuna Bark),
- Arjuna Bark Extract-Ark,
- Arjuna Herbal Tea: Simmer-Boil ½-1 Tsp Arjuna bark Powder in a Cup of Water for Few Minutes, ad a Tsp or Two of Jaggery Powder, Drink as Tea,
- Arjuna-A2 Cow Milk: 1/2-1 Tsp of Arjuna Bark (Churna) cooked with ¾ Glass of Pure Desi-A2 Cow (or Goat) & a Tsp each of Rock Candy & Honey added as temperature cools down a bit (After Dinner),
- ½-1 Tsp of Arjuna Bark with 2-3 Tsp melted Ghee or Honey (You may even add this Ghee or Honey to a cup of Decoction) depending weather Vata-Pitta-or Kapha is Prominent in Particular Situation,
- Homeopathic-Ethanolic Tinctures have shown better Anti-Cancerous Properties as compared to Water Extracts, but then usual Water Extracts (or Decoctions) may be coupled up by consuming (Not Together) Baking Soda (+Lemon Juice + Carom Seeds) & we would get even better results.
Few Medicinal Benefits of Arjuna Bark-अर्जुन की छाल–Terminalia Arjuna:
- Metabolic-Liver Disorders:
- Jaundice: ½ Tsp Arjuna Bark with a Tsp of Melted A2 Ghee,
- General Liver Health: Few Drops of Arjuna bark Extract with a Cup of Warm Water Twice a Day,
- Respiratory System:
- Sinusitis: Make Mild Decoction with ½-1 Tsp Arjuna bark, 8-10 Leaves each of Neem & Holy Basil (Tulsi) & Have It Once-Twice a day,
- Haemoptysis (Blood Spitting): Tsp of Arjuna Bark & Pinches of Sandalwood Powder with a Cup of Rice Water a Tsp (or Two) of Jaggery Powder,
- Skin Health (For General Skin Health Leaves Extract-Juice is also Reported to be Effective):
- Acne-Pimples (Otherwise Dull Skin): Mix ½ Tsp with 2-3 Tsp Honey & a Tsp of Lemon Juice, Apply on Acne/Face, Wait for 15-30 Minutes, Wash it off with Lukewarm Water,
- Excretory-Reproductory System:
- Semen with urine: Arjuna-A2 Cow Milk and/or Arjuna Bark Decoction with Pinches of Sandalwood,
- To Increase Libido: Both Partners to have Arjuna-A2 Cow Milk Daily,
Contra-Indications: In High Doses may be harmful for Liver and Thyroid gland activity. Also may lead to Arrhythmia (Irregular Heart Beat), Mild Constipation, Flatulence etc..
Legal disclaimer: The information in this article is not a Medico-Legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Although I do my best to give you accurate and useful information, you should consult an appropriate Medical Professional before Trying out any of the above Information.