Black Pepper (Piper Nigrum, मरिची in Sanskrit, ‘काली मिर्च’ in Hindi) (V- P+ K-): T
The other names are Gulmirch and Maricha (which means Sun, as this has large amount of Solar Energy inherent in it. It can freely be used in many ways such as sprinkling on Fruits, Salads, Daal (Pulses), Curries and so on…The Best is to Use Hand ground & Instead of Cooking Sprinkle on Top.
It Pacifies Vata & Kapha but may aggravate Pitta, if taken in excess. It is Bitter & Pungent in taste. ‘Virya’ is Heating. ‘Vipaka’ is also pungent. It is Light and Penetrating (Laghu & Tikshna). It is “Fine (Sukshma & Enters Deeper Body Channels)”.
Bio-Chemically, it consists of Volatile Oils (Highly Beneficial Essential Oil is Piperine), Alkaloids, Proteins, Fibres, Carbohydrates, Phyto-Nutrients… It is high in Dietary Fibres & is a High Source of Folic Acid, High Source of Vitamin A, B-complex, C, E, K…”, “High Source of Calcium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium & Traces of Phosphorous & Zinc”. Its usage in meal preparations (Hand ground is Best & Retains Maximum Medicinal values) is utterly essential to keep balance of Nutrients & Doshas (V-P-K) in Body. (Thus, usage is essential to maintain proper balance of Dhatus in the body). Please Note Percentage of Potassium is much more than Sodium & hence when one is undergoing baking Soda of any sort, “Consumption of Black Pepper is a Must to Prevent Levels of Sodium Rising in the body Beyond Permissible Level”. Use equal amounts as Baking Soda to water.
Medicinally, it is Anti-Pathogenic (Anti-Viral-Bacterial-Fungal…), Diaphoretic, Stimulant, Anti-Oxidant, Aromatic, Anti-Inflammatory (Beneficial for Bone Health-Arthritis…), Tones Circulatory System (Anti-Coagulating agent), Digestive System (Rejuvenates Salivary Glands & Saliva itself has got huge Nutrient Value), Excretory System (Diuretic…), Skin Health (Exfoliates Skin, Has shown positive results even in cases of Vitiligo!…), Regular Consumption in Meals Promotes Absorption of Anti-Tumorous-Cancerous Nutrients such as Beta-Carotene, Curcumin, Selenium, Vitamin B-Complex…
Few Medicinal Benefits:
- Morning Empty Stomach Fruits: Add it to Fruits-fruit Juices & Nullify Dominant Kapha Effects of Fruits (Fruits-Morning Empty Stomach Only),
- Increasing Appetite, Suppressing distension:
- 1/4th Tsp Black Pepper + 1/4th Tsp White cumin seeds (Jeera), added to a glass of Butter Milk, taken ½ an hour before lunch,
- Morning Empty Stomach 2-3 Balls of Black Pepper with Honey,
- Obesity – Excess Weight: Morning empty stomach 2-3 balls of black pepper with honey (& Once-Twice more During the Day),
- Cough & Cold (Running Nose, Headache, Body Ache):
- Boil a glass of Desi Cow-A2 Milk (Or, Toned/Double Toned, as available) with 1-3 Tsp of Turmeric. Take it off Heat & Add 1-5 Pinches (As per Severity) of hand Ground Black pepper & Have it Before Going to Sleep. Do it for 2-3 days,
- Chew 2-3 Balls of Black Pepper with 0% Sugar added Honey Twice-Thrice a Day (Including Empty Stomach),
- Dental caries, Painful gums, Bad Breath:
- Add a Pinch each of Black Pepper & Rock Salt (Sendha Namak) to some Mustard Oil & Massage your Gums,
- Sprinkle a Pinch or Two Each of Black Pepper & Baking Soda to ‘The Reverse Side of Banana Peel’ and Massage Gums & Teeth,
- Boils and other Skin Disorders (Stye-Abscess): Applied Externally as a Paste – or Pepper Poultice. Add a Pinch or two of Baking Soda & 1-2 Drop of 3% H2O2 to highly increase the strength of Paste,
- Night Blindness:
- 1-5 Pinches of Hand ground Black pepper added to Honey Twice-Thrice a Day (Including Empty Stomach in the Morning),
- Combination of Black Pepper, Rock Candy & Vedic Cow Ghee is a Beautiful Eye Tonic,
- Use Black Pepper Decoction for Gargles 3-4 times a day,
- Mix 1-5 Tsp (As per Severity) to a Tsp or Two of Pure Desi Cow-A2 Ghee (Melted on a Hot spoon), and have it Once-Twice a Day and/or
- Chew 1-3 Pepper Balls with Honey Morning Empty Stomach & Once More During the Day,
- Circulatory System (And good Joints/Muscle Strength): Add a Pinch or Two of Black Pepper to a Glass of Hot Water, add a Tsp of A2 Ghee & Have it Twice a Day and/or Pepper Balls with Honey Morning-Empty Stomach.
- If you have taken Black Pepper in Excess, Desi Cow Ghee (or Normal Buffalo Ghee) is an Antidote and Will Relieve You,
- High Doses over Weeks May Reduce ‘Vitality & The Drive’,
- Should Not be Overdone in cases of Pregnancy & Breastfeeding,
- Only Regulated Usage in High Pitta Disorders.