Before Menorrhagia let us understand a bit on Menstruation. Menstruation is regular discharge of Blood (Mucosal Tissue) from ‘Inner Lining of Uterus’ through Cervix onto Vagina and out. It usually commences at approximately 15 Years. Typically, the length of time between the first day of first period & first day of the next period is 28 days. Bleeding usually lasts from 3-6 days. Menstruation stops (Menopause) at approximately 45 years (Even if it stops at 55, it is perfectly normal!!).
A fertilised egg gets implanted in uterus (womb) which then hosts The Zygote-Foetus. Now, if a woman does not get pregnant, shredding of the Uterus Lining takes place which gets cleared during Menstruation. Menstruation (or Menstrual Cycle ~ 28 Days) could thus be understood as a ‘Hormonal Process’ which prepares a woman (~Uterus) for a possible pregnancy.
Menorrhagia simply means ‘Heavy or Prolonged Bleeding’ during ‘Menstrual Periods’. Total Menstrual Flow would usually be more than 80-100 mL.
Symptoms could be Anaemia, Fatigue-Weakness, Shortness of breath. These all could actually be ‘The Consequences’ of the disorder also.
Causes could be ‘Poor Immune System’, ‘Poor Lifestyle–Eating Habits’, ‘Poor Hygiene’, ‘Pathogenic Infections’, ‘Modern Medicinal Side-Effects’, ‘Intrauterine device (IUD-for Birth Control)’; Anatomical & Medical Conditions such as ‘Hormonal Imbalances’, ‘Fibroids (Leiomyoma-See Attached figure)’, ‘Endometriosis (Endometrial Tissue extends outside of Uterus)’, ‘Adenomyosis (Endometrial Tissue Extends into The Walls of Uterus)’, ‘Miscarriage’, ‘Cancers’…
Ayurvedically, Raqta Pradar is due Vitiation of Pitta coupled with Vitiation of Vata Dosha (Vitiated Apana Vayu). As always Low Immunity as a Result of Mandagni has an important role to play. Excess Indulgence, fasting, Intake of Excessive Hot & Pungent things-Spices-Chillies, Excess Physical labour, Severe Stress-Grief, Suppression of Natural Urges etc.
Please Follow Under-Mentioned Link for Consolidated List of Lifestyle-Eating Habits, That Must Be ‘Strictly Adhered to’ or ‘As Strictly Followed as Possible’:
Natural-Home Remedies to Menorrhagia-Excessive Blood Discharge-Raqta Pradar:
- Breakfast: Only Fruits such as Grapes, Pomegranate, Goose berries, Dates (Dipped overnight in water) etc.,
- Roast Bottle Gourd (Lauki) Seeds in Pure Desi Cow Ghee, Add Rock Candy and eat it empty stomach,
- Have ½ a teaspoon of Ashoka Bark-Root (Saraca Indica) Powder with Honey Twice a Day,
- Except on Days when The Menstrual Periods are going on, Have a Glass of Butter-Milk + 3/4th Tsp Black Cumin Seeds (Kaali Jeere) + 3/4th Tsp Black Seeds (Kalaunji) Daily,
- Have ½ a teaspoon of Ashwagandha mixed with a Tsp or Two of Powdered Rock Candy with a Glass of warm-hot water,
- Make Coriander (Dhaniya) Leaves Decoction and drink it Once-Twice a Day. Add ½-1 Tsp Pure Desi (A2) Cow Ghee,
- Boil 1 Tsp of Cinnamon Powder with a Glass of Water, add a Tsp of A2 Ghee & Drink Once-Twice a Day,
- On the days of Periods, Rub your Foot Soles with Mustard Oil Once a Day.
Other Ayurvedic-Unconventional-Natural Remedies could be (No Yuck Factor!):
- Colloidal Silver, Copper & Gold,
- 3-5% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide,
- Food Grade Baking Soda,
- Honey with Various Herbs,
- Organic Wheat Grain Sprouts,
- Melted A2 Ghee put to Nostrils and/or A2 Ghee added to Cooked Pulses/Vegetables and/or A2 Ghee added to A2 Milk Boiled with Pinches of Turmeric…and so on…
Favourable: Rock Candy, Barley (Juan), Pure Desi Cow Ghee, Shashtika Rice, Raisins (Dipped few hours in water), Indian Gooseberry (Amla), Things which cool down Pitta in the body (Papaya, unless you are Pregnant).
Few Useful Herbs/Formulations: ‘Nari-Sanjeevani’, ‘Sandalwood (Chandana)’, ‘Shatavari’, ‘Gokshura’, ‘Gokshura’, ‘Sariva’, ‘Dahuharidra’, ‘Doorva’, Lodhra’, ‘Dhataki’, ‘Nagakesara’…
Unfavourable: Completely avoid Hot-Pungent-Spicy Stuff, Sour Taste (Except Lemon in Day Time), Brinjal, Potato-Heavy Stuff-Root Vegetables after Sunset, Excessively Oily & Creamy Stuff, Stale/Refrigerated Foods; Constipating Foods such as Gram Flour or Chick-Pea Flour(Besan), Fine Flour (or Maida); Tea, Coffee, Excess Alcoholism & Smoking, Eating Food Late at Night…
All this accompanied by at least 30-45 minutes of Anulom Velom in the Morning and Evening. Please do not overstrain your body muscles.
Anyway, in all cases, I would advise all to get your copy of my e-book, A Perfect Lifestyle and Eating Habits, from my E-Book Page (Click Here), which clears Most Myths to Lifestyle-Eating Habits, or Visit: http://stayhealthytill70.com.cp-in-12.bigrockservers.com/category/lifestyleandeatinghabits/.
Say Yuck! If you have to, but very effective:
Take 5-15 mL of Gaudhan Ark (Purified-Distilled Pure Desi Cow’s Urine – The A-2 Type), added to appropriate amount of water to make it comfortable to drink, and drink it prior going to sleep and in the morning, empty stomach.
Do visit Our Health Kit, to get to see ‘Contents of An Ideal First Aid Kit’ & ‘Few things-Supplements’ We Must Consume on Daily Basis’.
Legal disclaimer: The information in this article is not a Medico-Legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Although I do my best to give you accurate and useful information, you should consult an appropriate Medical Professional before Trying out any of the above Information.