Hiccups, Synchronous Diaphragmatic Flutter (SDF) or Singultus is simply ‘The Involuntary Contraction’ of Diaphragm (The Diaphragm separates ‘The Chest and Abdomen’). The sudden contraction-closure of the vocal cord produces the peculiar Hiccup sound. The repeated phenomenon causes persistent hiccups.
Few common causes for ‘Hiccups-SDF-Singultus‘: Drinking CO2 laden Soft Drinks, Over-Eating, Eating Quickly, or eating Hot-Pungent Foods.
Few effective Cures for Hiccups-SDF-Singultus:
- Antir Kumbhak (Retaining Breath Inside The Body),
- Bahir Kumbhak (Retaining Breath Outside The Body),
- Twice a day, add a teaspoon or Two of Pure desi Cow Ghee to a glass of Boiling-Hot glass of water, drink it twice a day, when it cools down to the drinkable – tea hot temperature,
- Add 1/3rd-1/4th-1/5th teaspoon of Turmeric to a glass of Pure Desi Cow Milk (The a-2 Type), and Boil the mixture for few minutes. Remove it off the heat, add a teaspoon or two (Depending on Health Status or Severity of Ailment) of Pure Desi Cow Ghee to the mixture, and drink after your early Dinner, before going to sleep,
- Stick out your tongue (for several seconds, without hurting it) as far as you can,
- Dissolve Rock Candy in your Mouth.
Few Unconventional Cures:
- Apply Acupressure on Left Hand Thumb (up to 30-60 seconds),
- Take 2 Tsp Colloidal Copper + 2 Tso Fresh Lemon Juice!
Favourable: Holy Basil, Cinnamon, Small & Big Cardamom, Dry Ginger, Long Pepper…
Unfavourable: Hot Spices, Chillies, Late Night Meals, Refrigerated-Stale Foods etc.