Legality of Hemp Oil-भाँग का तेल-Cannabis Sativa (V-P+K-) in India (My Interpretation! Only):
- First Licence issued in 2017 for Research Purposes only (CSIR & BOHECO),
- Raw Cannabis would not be made available & use for Recreational Purposes will not be considered by authorities in any way,
- NDPS Act has banned production-sale of Cannabis Resins & Flowers (Supposedly high in THC (Psychotropic Substance) & has supposedly permitted use of Leaves and Seeds (Supposedly High in CBD-Non-Psychoactive Substance)…
- As per IIHA (Non-Profit Organisation) it is the Cannabis Stalk and Seeds which are used for Textile, Foods & medicinal Purposes,
- While travelling in India, I do have seen Placards in front of shops reading “Govt. Authorised bhang Shops!”
- In India, Hemp Oil is easily available online at Amazon – Check out Here!, Flipkart, Indiamart….
It is the Hemp Plant (Grows to around 15 Feet) that has the Medicinal Values and is low in THC (High Psychoactive Effects). What would be illegal would be Marijuana (Just a small plant of 5 feet high, and is illegal to grow in most countries), which has high Percentage of THC (As high as 14% & has Psychoactive Effects). Hemp Oil (or Hemp Seeds Oil!) is cold pressed from Hemp Seeds and THC is not present (or in Micro-Trace amounts) in Hemp Seeds. The Cold Pressed Hemp Seeds Oil is Dark to Light Green Coloured.
Though it would depend on the specific specie of the plant, percentage of CBD in Hemp is or could be as high as 18-27% (CBD is non-psychoactive) whereas in a marijuana plant is mostly less than 15%.
“Cannabinoids” are a class of molecules which give rise to large number of compounds (over 50 found in Cannabis alone!). The two compounds out of these THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) & CBD (Cannabidiol) are found in highest concentration in the hemp plant.
Properties-Ayurvedic Gunas: Virya (Potency) is Hot and Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect) is Pungent. It is Bitter in Taste. It is Light and has Sharp (Penetrating) and Drying Qualities. It Pacifies Vata & Kapha and adds to Pitta. The property of ‘Vyavayi Vikasi (Fine-Subtle Quality)’ enables it to spread to ‘The Deeper Body Tissues’. Due this it has a ‘Stimulating Action’ on the ‘Central Nervous System’. The Hemp Oil could be use alone or as a carrier to carry required medicinal oil deep across the skin.
Bio-Chemically: The Hemp Plant contains a small amount (< 1%) of Tetra-Hydro-Cannabinoids (THC) (Responsible for making a person feel a ‘Bit High’ due its Psychoactive Effects) and High Percentage of CBD (18-27%, Responsible for Hemp’s High Medicinal Value). Hemp is a rich source of Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (Upto 80%, Highly Beneficial & Essential for Humans such as Omega-3 & 6 Acids), Important Macro-Minerals (Such as Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Sulphur, Potassium, Phosphorus, Zinc…), Micro-Trace Minerals (Such as Strontium, Thorium…), Vitamins-Related Bio-Chemicals (Carotene-Helps manufacture Vitamin-A, B1, B3, B5, B9, D, Vitamin-E-Antioxidants…) Fibres, Essential Amino-Acids-Proteins, Bio-Organic Compounds (Such as Chlorophyll, Gamma-Linolenic Acid—Optimises Female Hormonal-Reproductive Health, Phytosterols, Phospholipids, Tocopherols-Bio-Organic Methylated Phenols-Stabilise-Strengthen Cell Membranes…) and more…
It is so amazing just to think that “Whatever our ancestors were doing, just keeps getting proved time and again!”.
Medicinally Hemp Oil-भाँग का तेल-Cannabis Sativa (V-P+K-) is Anti-Microbial-Anti-Cancerous (Anti-Bacterial, Inhibits Growth of Cancer Cells- Abruptly Stops the Process of Metastasis), Metabolic-Immune System Stimulant (Optimises Immune System, Lowers-Optimises Blood Sugar Levels-Due presence of Sterols-Alcohol Steroids, Stimulates Body Metabolism & Hence is Useful in Obesity-Regularly Pour Drops of Oil on Your Cooked Meals-Incidentally Cannabis-Hemp Seeds Oil Users have been found to have a lower BMI, Oedema-Reduces water Retention in The Body), Circulatory System (Anti-Coagulant, Atherosclerosis), Joints-Muscle-Bone Health (Aids Bone Growth, Anti-Inflammatory [Even Old Age or Arthritic Pain Related-Taking Internally as Drops or ½ a Tsp. at a Time or Applying Externally], Anti-Spasmodic), Skin Health (Acne-Blackheads, Moisturiser, Serious Infections such as Eczema, Psoriasis…), Hair Health (Improves Circulation to Head-Scalp Region, Relieves Scalp Infection, Conditioner-Mild/Deep Massage 20-30 Minutes before Shower-Shampoo…), Excretory-Reproductive System Disorders (UTI’s, Menopause Symptoms…), Neural [Especially Vata Vitiated] Disorders (Neuro-Protective, Helpful in Seizures, Convulsions, Anxiety, Alzheimer, Epilepsy, Induces Sleep-Relieves Insomnia, Headaches, Migraines; Prevents Destruction of Myelin Sheath-Multiple Sclerosis)…
How May We Use Hemp Oil-भाँग का तेल-Cannabis Sativa (V-P+K-) (Make Sure to Use The Food Grade & Not Industrial-Commercial Grade):
- Hemp Seeds Powder (Sprinkled over Chapattis, Rice, Salads, Vegetables, Pulses…),
- Leaves Paste (Externally applied on Tumours, Wounds, Ulcers, Sores…),
- Oil (Used Internally & Externally; Good Skin Moisturiser-Apply in Small Quantities on Skin after Shower; Head Massage, Relieves Scalp Infections-Dryness-Dandruff, Provides Good Hair Texture, Thickens Hair……). To Cater to Stench-Bitter Taste, one may take it with some Citrus Juice (Such as Orange Juice or ACV). The Oil would get Rancid easily and is best kept in Cool, Dry Place away from Sunlight & Refrigeration is Best Avoided,
- Infusion or Cold Extract of Leaves/Leaves Powder,
- Leaves added to Boiled Milk (With A2 Ghee, Saffron, Almonds, Dates…added) (Do not Heat-Boil Leaves),
- At the Start, do not consume more than ½ a Tsp. (or Tsp) Twice a day (For Concentrate),q
- As always, for best results, it is advisable to keep the Hemp Oil under The Tongue for 1-3 minutes prior swallowing,
- Store in Dry & Cool Place, Away from Sunlight, Do Not Refrigerate…
Few Non-Medicinal Uses of Hemp Oil-भाँग का तेल-Cannabis Sativa (V-P+K-):
- Woodwork Varnishing: Mix some Lemon Oil to Hemp Oil & use Cotton cloth to the Woodwork,
- Lubrication of Bicycles/Machines/Door Hinges: Just Imagine the Hygiene we gain by not using normal lubricating oil but Hemp Oil as a Lubricant-No Carcinogens goes inside the body! Please check out following at amazon.in:
- Kitchen Sugarcane-Pineapple Peeling Knife,
- Fresh Sugarcane Juice,
- Unrefined Hemp Seeds Oil,
- Hemp Seeds Oil – 10 mL and
- Low Pressure Sugarcane Juicer Machine.
- Please do not Heat or use in Hot Dishes,
- Start with a small quantity – just a few drops, and as the body gets accustomed, we then may take it 2-3 times a day, obviously depending on Severity of Medical Condition r General Physical Health,
- Excess use May Vitiate all The Three Body Doshas-Humours (Especially Pitta & Give Symptoms such as Diarrhoea, nausea…),
- As it is Dry & Astringent, may lead to Constipation and Dehydration,
- Days when consuming Hemp Oil-भाँग का तेल-Cannabis Sativa, go liberal on articles such as Clarified Butter, A2 Ghee, Rice, Sweet Potatoes, Aloe Vera, Pomegranate… & Strictly avoid articles such as Hot, Dry & Heavy Stuff, and Avoid Pitta Vitiating Tastes such as Salt, Sour & Hot-Pungent…
Legal Disclaimer: The information in this article is not a Medico-Legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Although I do my best to give you accurate and useful information, you should consult an appropriate Medical Professional before Trying out any of the above Information.