What Vitamin-B5 is: Vitamin-B5 is also Water Soluble & is Not Stored in Human Body (regular Intake via Diet is Necessary). It Plays following important roles in the body:
- Production of RBC’s in the body,
- Production of ‘Reproductive & Adrenaline Related Hormones’ in the body (It is also called Anti-Stress Vitamin),
- Maintaining an Healthy Digestive Health,
- Helps using Other Vitamins in The Body (especially B2),
- Helps body synthesise good cholesterol in the body,
- Synthesis of Coenzyme-A & Metabolising Proteins, Carbohydrates & fats.
Reasons for Shortage of Vitamin-B5: Usually Doesn’t happen but if it does it is due Improper Diet and/or side-effects of Modern Development/s.
Vitamin-B5 Deficiency may lead to:
- Fatigue, Insomnia, Nausea, Acidity, Upper Respiratory Infections;
- B5 combined with Vitamin-C may aid in recovery in skin related ailments & maintaining good skin health,
- Studies have pointed to lower levels of B5 in people suffering from arthritis,
Rich Source of Vitamin-B5: Available in wide variety of stuff but processing does destroys B5.
Plant Sources: Fresh Vegetables, Whole Unprocessed Grains, Corn, Cauliflower, Kale, Broccoli, Tomatoes, Legumes, Lentils, Peanuts, Sweet Potatoes, Whole Grain Cereals, Wheat Germ, Dried Mushrooms.
Fruit Sources: Pine-Apple
Animal Sources: A-2 Milk, Egg Yolk.
My View it is Best to Avoid Synthetic Supplements and Only Go in For Organic Sources.
Daily Recommended Values:
Adults: Upto around 6-8 mg/Day.