What Sulphur Does? Sulphur is found in our Body at amazing levels of 2000 ppm (Sulphur is known as a Healing Element)! It is an essential-Macro Mineral in our Body. It prevents following minerals from getting to excess-toxic levels in our Body (& as Such is Antagonistic to) Calcium, Copper, Selenium & Molybdenum. Occurs Naturally in Hot Springs & Volcanic Craters. Sulphur is found in abundance in our Body (Most if not all Cells!). MSM Metabolises DMSO which is a Potent Anti-Oxidant and helps relieve Pain-Inflammation (Acute & Chronic!) in The Body. The Amino Acids (2 in Number) which contain Sulphur are not stored in the Body & Hence Intake of Sulphur is Must via our Daily Diet. It (MSM-The Naturally Occurring Sulphur) is important for following in the Body:
- Helps form Connective Tissues in The Body including Cartilage, Tendons, and Ligaments (Useful in Arthritis) (MSM + Glucosamine could be even be more Beneficial),
- Helps reduce Pain by Slowing Nerve Impulses which Transmits Pain Signals in The Body,
- Skin Disorders (Dandruff, Acne, Psoriasis, Eczema, Warts, Folliculitis),
- Good hair Growth (Synthesis of Keratin of Skin, Hair & Nails),
- Amyloidosis (Protein Build up in Body Organs),
- Important component of Amino Acids – Cystine, Cysteine & Methionine,
- Component of Hormone – Insulin (Carbohydrates-Fats Metabolism, Utilisation of Sugar for Producing Energy for The Body),
- Produces important Anti-Oxidant Glutathione in Our Body (Which is Our Body’s Own Defence System-A Self Synthesised Detoxifier) (Sulphur, itself is an Important Anti-Oxidant in The Body),
- Component of Co-Enzyme A & Biotin (Vitamin – B7 or Vitamin H) & Thiamine (Vitamin – B1),
- Aids in Detoxification of Poisons & Radio-Protection (Highly Potent Aluminium Antagonist),
- Many other Body Systems.
DMSO as supplement is instilled in Bladder for Treating Interstitial Cystitis (Chronic Inflammation of Bladder, leading to excess Bladder Pressure).
Skin Exposure to Sunlight: Skin on Exposure to Sunlight (& I Do Not Meat 12 O’ Clock Sunlight!) produces ‘Vitamin D3 Sulphate’, a Water-Soluble form of Vitamin D3. It is Exactly This form of Vitamin D which is Present in The Human Blood & The Pure Organic-Desi-A2 Cow Milk & Ghee.
Reasons for Shortage of Sulphur: High Phosphorous Content, Depleting Nutrient Status of Soils (Modern Farming-GMO’s!!), Side-Effects of Medicines and so on…
Sulphur Deficiency may lead to:
- Pain & Inflammation in The Body,
- Skin Disorders (Wrinkles, Scabies, Dermatitis…),
- Deteriorating Bone Health – Sore Muscles-Joint Pains-Spasms,
- Brittle Nail & Hair,
- Neurological Disorders (Dementia-Depression-Convulsions-Epilepsy-Alzheimer’s-Chronic Fatigue),
- Insulin Resistance (High Blood Pressure),
- Poor Metabolism – Difficulty in Discarding Toxins-Wastes out of The Body.
Rich Source of Sulphur (MSM The Naturally Occurring Sulphur):
Firstly, increase your daily intake of water!
Plant Sources: Horsetail, Legumes, Garlic, Onions, Leafy Greens (Spinach, Broccoli), Brussels, Cereal Sprouts, Asparagus, Kale, Wheat Germ, Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Nuts…
Animal Sources: Milk (A2), A2 Ghee (Please Note Pure Organic Cow Ghee is Yellow only Due Presence of Sulphur in The Body), Eggs, Fish,
In Sunlight our skin synthesises Vitamin D-3 Sulphate.
Though, I have always been strictly against Supplements, but as far as Sulphur is concerned, two effective Sulphur Supplements are Dimethyl Sulfoxide (DMSO) and Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane (MSM). Approximately 15% of DMSO breaks down into MSM in our body.
Now, both have been found to work wonders against pain.
DMSO is an approved Sulphur Supplement and is mostly absorbed through skin, but may also be taken internally through Mouth for Pain & Other Conditions.
Daily Recommended Values:
Adults: No Official Figures, but DRV may range from 600-1000 mg/Day.
- Sulphur Supplements not to be Given to Paediatrics,
- Pregnant & Breast-Feeding moms should avoid This or Any Damn Supplements – Go for Natural-Organic diet Only,
- Though Studies – Research has not pointed to Side-Effects of MSM, but DMSO has shown undesirable reactions if used in excess.