What Vanadium Does? Required (In Very Small Amounts) for:
- Normal Body Growth,
- Normal Bone Growth (Maintains Bone Density & Prevents Age Related Bone Loss),
- Maintain Blood Sugar Levels – Sensitivity to Insulin – Fat Metabolism in our Body – Also has Positive effect on Total Cholesterol (Including LDL & VLDL),
- Aids Enzymatic Actions in The Body &
- Enhances Calcium Metabolism.
Reasons for Shortage of Vanadium: Bad Diet, Side-Effects of Medicines.
Vanadium Deficiency may lead to:
- Cardiovascular Ailments,
- Few Types of Cancers,
- Increased Bad Cholesterol (LDL-VLDL-Triglycerides),
- Positive effects in treatment of Tuberculosis, Syphilis, Anaemia, Edema…
Rich Source of Vanadium:
Plant Sources: Mushrooms, Parsley (अजमोद), Barley, Whole Grains, kelp, Mushrooms, Seaweed (Kombu), Wheat Germ…
Herb Sources: Black Pepper…
Fruit Sources: Apples, Wine, Beer…
Animal Sources: Shellfish, Eggs…
Daily Recommended Values:
Adults: Upto 1 – 1.5 mg/Day (This would be The Upper Tolerable Limit but Mostly DRV is Not Established). I would put the safe limit much-much below this as a typical Daily Diet would just provide around 20-50 mcg/Day.
Contra-Indications: Higher than Recommended Doses may be Toxic. Toxicity effects would include Abdominal Disorders, A Green Tongue, Nervous Disorders, Kidney Disorders. Supplements to be strictly avoided by Pregnant & Breast-Feeding Women (Anyway, as per me, all should completely avoid any synthetic supplements & go in for Natural Sources only). Avoid this if you are under any kind of medication.