Few Interesting-Medicinal Facts of Water:
- Water should be consumed in little quantity by people suffering from ‘Poor Digestive System’, ‘Abdominal Tumours’, ‘Anaemia’, ‘Diarrhoea’, ‘Haemorrhoids’, ‘Duodenum Diseases’, ‘Consumption (TB)’, ‘Oedema’,
- Cold Water (Clay Pot Only!) relieves Alcohol Intoxication, Exhaustion, Fainting, Vomiting, Giddiness, Thirst, and Sun Burns, and is also useful in cases of ‘Aggravation of Pitta, Raqta and Poison’,
- Hot Water Stimulates Hunger, Helps Digestion, Good for Throat, Easily Digestible, Cleanses Urinary Bladder, Relieves Hiccups, Flatulence, Relieves Aggravation of Vata & Kapha, Specifically useful for those suffering from Nascent Fevers, Cough, AMA, Running Nose, Dyspnoea, Pain in the Flanks (Upper Abdomen/Back),
- Water which has been boiled and cooled, does not increase the moisture content of the body much & is easily digestible. Such a water is ideal for Pitta Vitiated ailments and is useful for other Vitiated Doshas also.
Now, here we must understand that our body works at an approximate temperature of 38.80 C, and more closer the temperature of water that we drink, lesser the amount of work our Blood has to do to get the ingested water to this temperature. This simply implies an optimum level of our Metabolism.
Such a simple solution to stay away from ‘A Doctor’s! Clinic’ for Years!
Few Interesting Facts on Water Storage Techniques:
- The Clay Pot water is million times better as compared to Refrigerated water. The water in Clay Pot, gets cooled by The Process of Latent Heat of Vaporisation, as The Clay Pot is Porous. On the other hand, Refrigerator works using CFC’s, mostly. Now, Chlorine, Fluorine and Carbon, all are poisonous for the Body.
- Few Benefits of Storing Water in Copper Utensils (ताँबे के बर्तन): Firstly, this won’t be useful if you pour your RO water to the Copper utensil and immediately drink it. The water should be stored in The Copper Utensil for at Least 6-10 Hours. The Ayurvedic Scriptures talk Highly of Benefits of Drinking water kept in Copper Utensils. Let’s see few of them:
- Such a Water has Anti-bacterial Properties, Helps in quick Healing of Wounds, Raises Body Immunity,
- Drink it Empty Stomach in the Morning, 1.5 Hours after Meals or 40 Minutes before Meals, and you won’t ever have Constipation, Gastritis or Indigestion!
- Assists in Weight Management – Weight Control,
- Drinking Copper Water empty Stomach also is helpful in Optimum Functioning of Kidneys and Liver.
- Such a Water is a great Anti-Oxidant, and Reduces Ageing Effects on Body,.
- Please Do Not use Plastic Bottles for Storing-Consumption?
- Plastics are made of Polyethenes-Polymers, and They Release Small Amount of Carcinogenic Chemicals into the water stored in Plastic Containers-Bottles,
- The Potency of Highly Toxic Elements like Antimony, increases over time for water stored in plastic Containers over long periods of Time,
- Carefully read ‘The Labels on Water Bottles’. They all caution against rusing the bottle & advise to ‘Crush the Bottle after Use’.
- Few Healthy Alternatives to Plastic Utensils/Containers would be: Clay Pots, Glass Bottles, Copper Utensils, Brass Utensils, or Even Stainless Steel Utensils, but Just Please Never use Plastics (or for that matter, Aluminium Utensils)!
Legal Disclaimer: The information in this article is not a Medico-Legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Although I do my best to give you accurate and useful information, you should consult an appropriate Medical Professional before Trying out any of the above Information.